Hawaii is one of the United States that forms an archipelago that contains a group of islands located in the Pacific region and is the last state to join the United States of America. Love and peace.
Hawaii is located in the southwestern part of the United States, and the city of Honolulu is its official capital, and it is about 3,860 km from the coast of America, and it includes a group of islands that number up to about 132 islands, but the population lives on only 8 of them, which are the islands that exist On the southeast side of the Hawaiian archipelago.
Tourism in Hawaii
Hawaii is one of the islands and famous tourist places in the United States of America, it has a group of distinctive tourist sites, and provides many activities for tourists who visit it annually, and the following information about the most important sites and tourist activities for Hawaii:
- Oahu: It is an island and a popular tourist site in Hawaii, with many beautiful tourist attractions, such as watery beaches such as Emmanalo and Waikiki beaches. It also provides tourists with the possibility to practice snorkeling activities in the Hanuma Bay area among fish and coral.
- The Grand Island: It is the largest island in Hawaii, and is classified among the attractive tourist sites; There are a variety of tourist activities on it, such as the sunny beaches in Kona, the falling waterfalls, and there is a national park known as the Volcano Park, and the Mammoth Summit is also located in it; One of the snow-covered peaks.
- Maui City: It is a beautiful tourist attraction, and it includes many tourist features, such as: providing cruises for tourists, visiting a lavender tree farm, and Haleakala Road, as well as offering the possibility of surfing on the water beaches.
- Kauai: Kauai is an attractive tourist site, contains a group of distinctive places, and provides suitable activities for tourists, such as: visiting the Canyon Valley, walking several distances on the sea coast, and visiting the Kauai Cave.
- Molokai: It is a tourist area with a number of distinctive places, the most famous of which are the historical Kallopaba site, and Wadi Halawa.
- Na Pali Coast: This coast offers tourists an opportunity to walk long distances between the wonderful natural areas of Kauai, and the walking routes are characterized by their natural beauty, which includes a group of rivers, valleys, and cliffs. Na Pali Coast is located on the northwest side of the distinctive island of Kauai.
- Whale watching in Maui: Whale watching is a tourist activity that depends on tourists watching humpback or humpback whales while carrying out a set of acrobatic marine games, and Maui is a special place for these whales to live and is ranked second in terms of the size of the Hawaiian Islands.
- Surfing in Oahu: Oahu is one of the largest Hawaiian islands, with a group of green heights, and mountains that contain many fruit trees, such as pineapple, berries, pomegranate, mango, coconut, and banana, and provides tourists with the possibility to participate in a sports Surfing.
- Eating traditional Hawaiian food: Traditional food is one of the tourist features of Hawaii; Where it owns a kitchen specialized in providing many types of foods, especially tropical fruits, Hawaii also relies on preparing food from the Filipino and Chinese cuisines; Because it was influenced by the culture of the people who settled in it in the past.
- Go to Hana Road: Hana Road is one of the wonderful roads located near Turquoise Lake, and this road is characterized by the spread of many waterfalls along its length of about 109 km and contributes to linking the two cities of Hana, located in the eastern side of Maui and Kahului.
- Going to Lolani Palace: This palace is one of the tourist sites in Oahu, and it is distinguished by the fact that there is no other palace in the United States, and it was completed in 1882 AD, and later became one of the most famous landmarks and places in Oahu.
The geography and climate of Hawaii
The geographical features in Hawaii include a group of mountains of volcanic nature; It contributes to the formation of the eight main islands and 124 other islands, starting from Kori, located in the west, and reaching Hawaii in the east. And Oahu, Niihau, and all the mountains and islands date back to about 70 million years ago, specifically in the late Cretaceous period.
The temperate climate with a tropical nature is prevalent in Hawaii; Because of its presence in the Tropic of Cancer, but the weather turns at times to become wet; Because it is affected by the land of the United States of America, and temperatures are also affected by the blowing of the trade winds coming from the northeastern side of the country, which prevails most days of the year.
Studies by anthropologists indicate that the origin of the Hawaiian population dates back to the immigrants from the Polynesians, a people who immigrated to Hawaii from the Marquesa Islands in the time period extending between the fourth and seventh centuries AD. As for the arrival of European colonists to the islands, when James Cook arrived in 1778 Diseases that spread among the indigenous peoples led to a significant decrease in the Hawaiian population, and at the end of the nineties the island witnessed a significant increase in its population; Because of the large immigration to it from several countries, such as Japan, China, and Vietnam.