Fishing is one of the activities that many people are interested in applying; Where it helps to enhance the ability to be patient and challenged, many people seek to learn the skills and methods of fishing; Until they are able to practice this hobby, and in the following are a set of things that a person who wants to learn to fish must master:
The perfect time to hunt
Knowing the ideal time for the fishing process is one of the most important first steps in learning, and the realization of the ideal time to hunt depends on the following things:
- Movement of currents: a movement that affects the area chosen for hunting. Currents are categorized as:
- Stagnant currents: the currents that lead to the movement of fish from the shallow water area towards the great depth area, and this is an excellent option for fishing using a boat.
- Strong currents: are the currents that lead to the movement of fish and all aquatic creatures from the depths of the area towards the shore. That is, it is not recommended to use the boat for fishing, but these currents are excellent for fishing from the shore.
- The phases of the moon: are the effect of the moon on salt water, and they are divided into the following:
- The first effect is towards the water currents.
- The second effect is towards the light affects the nature of fish food.
When the moon is full, the water currents are strong and based on the lunar calendar, the fishing days are distributed according to the following figure (1-11) and (19-26) the currents are suitable for fishing with a boat, and from (12-18) and (27-4) The currents are suitable for beach fishing.
- Atmospheric pressure and weather conditions: The rise or stability of atmospheric pressure affects fish and increases their activity. As the decrease in atmospheric pressure, it affects the nature of the food pattern of fish and the fisherman will not be able to catch them. It is recommended to choose the fishing period prior to the arrival of any warm or cold air current.
- The ideal time: The choice of any time during the day is considered suitable for fishing, but both sunset and sunrise are the best times for fishing, and before fishing, you must be aware of the weather and movement of currents as in the previous steps.
Types of fishing rod
There are many types of fishing rods that novice fishermen must learn and understand, and they differ from each other according to the strength, design, and quality of the line. Each type of fishing rod has a method of fishing; Where beach fishing depends on the use of a rod that throws the bait as far as possible, while fishing from the edges of the rocks depends on the use of a rod of medium length, and when fishing for large fish, a durable and large rod is used, and some of the types of fishing rods come according to For the method applied while fishing:
- The draw rod: It is important that it has a little flexibility and strength, and it should have spools on which it is easy to slide the fishing line.
- Al- Tawshih stubble: It is an important stalk that is long and flexible, and contains rings of a smooth nature that help distribute the weight on it.
- Drop rod: It is an important rod that is characterized by strength and shortness.
- Telescopic reed: It is a reed made of carbon or fiber, and its length and weight can be controlled.
- Casting rod: It is a rod designated for both trawl fishing and drop fishing, and its length does not exceed two meters.
- Vertical reed: It is a straight reed connected with a fishing line, used for catching fish that live on the beach, and is made of trees or bamboo branches.
- Spinning rod: It is a straight rod and contains a reel in its lower section, and this contributes to enhancing its speed to reach longer distances, and this rod is used for fishing in salt and fresh water.
Types of fishing reels
A reel containing the thread used in fishing is used in a fishing rod, and the following is information about some of the reels used in fishing:
- Cast reel: Also known as a closed-face reel, it is used by novice fishermen; Because of its ease of use.
- Spinning reel: Also known as an open-faced reel, it helps the fishing line spin quickly.
- Flying Reel: It is a reel designed to provide support for the movement of the fishing line.
Types of fishing line
The type of thread used in fishing is one of the important things to learn in fishing, and the choice of the type of thread depends on the type of fish and the place and method of fishing; For beach fishing, a very flexible line is used; So that throwing it is easy and that helps it reach long distances while fishing from the boat is the opposite of that.
Fishing line measurement depends on two methods:
- Fishing line thickness: It is measured using millimeters, 50 threads mean half a millimeter.
- The pulling or tensile force of the line, measured in kilograms, represents 7.5 kilograms for example the tensile force in the water helps to catch fish weighing 7 kilograms.
The materials used in fishing line, include the following:
- Plastic: a strong material, but at a low price.
- Carbon and fluoro yarns: They are strong and better than plastic, have a little stretch, and have a high price.
- Composite filaments: These are filaments that combine the properties of carbon, fluorine, and plastic filaments, and they are of small thickness.
Types of fishing line knots
Several types of knots are used in fishing lines, and they are essential to the success of the fishing process. The knots vary according to the type of fishing rod, the place of fishing, and the type of fish; Therefore, there are many types of fishing line knots, and the following is information about the most important of them:
- Albright knot: A knot that connects two threads of different sizes and thicknesses.
- Arbor knot: Also known as wheel knot, it is a knot used by professional anglers, whose role is to tie fishing reels and fishing lines.
- Yucatan Knot: A knot that connects thick threads to thinner threads.
- San Diego knot: It is a knot used in long-range fishing operations, and it is considered one of the ideal knots for connecting fishing lines and baits.
- Orff Knot: This is a sturdy and simple knot used by professional anglers.
Types of baits
The types of bait used in fishing vary according to the type of fish, and the most important types of fish bait are:
- Dough bait: It is a lure that is widely used with small size fish.
- Live fish lure: It is a lure used for catching medium and large fish.
- Worms: but not recommended for saltwater fishing.
- Squid: It is the favorite bait for all types of fish, and squid is defined as one of the aquatic animals that have many legs.
- Artificial bait: It is similar to natural bait in terms of smell, movement, and shape.