There are several methods for fishing with the hook, the difference between them lies in the type of bait used, the length of the hook, the type of reel, and the thickness of the threads. Drop fishing, reel fishing, and trawling with a fishing boat, but bait fishing is still the oldest and most widely used method in the world, in which the bait is attached to the hook and when the fish swallows the bait begins to pull the line As an attempt to get rid of the hook, and when the fisherman feels tension, he begins to raise the end of the hook to the top.
The best way to fly fishing
The method of fishing with the hook
The best places to fish are areas where fast water currents meet slower currents. This is because the fish head to these areas to catch food rushing with the current, and it is also possible to choose places where tree trunks and rocks abound because they provide a cover for fish to hide under when they feel danger, and the dawn and dusk periods are one of the most appropriate times for fishing, during which fish go out to get food. It is worth noting that the fisherman must know the characteristics of the type of fish he wants to catch, and thus he can know the times in which it is active and the places where it is preferred to be, It is recommended to follow the following steps for a successful fishing experience using the hook:
- Choosing a suitable fishing rod: It is recommended to choose a fishing rod with a suitable weight and a rod length approximately the same as the length of the fisherman, and it is preferable to choose a flexible rod of medium strength for beginners and to choose a solid rod when fishing for large fish to bear its weight, and it is preferable to choose a rod with a rotating reel to facilitate the fishing process.
- Choosing the right thread: The appropriate thread must be chosen for the used hook, provided that the thread bears between 2.7 to 5.4 kg for fishing in freshwater, and between 4.5 to 5.4 kg for fishing in salt water.
- Choosing the right hook: The size of the hook must be appropriate for the type of fish to be caught. It is known that fish who are attracted to a small bait will feel afraid of approaching a large hook, and it is preferable to choose a hook of 6-10 sizes to catch different types of fish.
- Choosing the right bait: When you want to catch a specific type of fish, the fisherman must know the type of food he prefers to use as bait, and in general, it is recommended to use worms, minnow, leeches, lobsters, crickets, and grasshoppers as bait for fishing freshwater fish, while it is preferable to use worms Sea, eel, crab, shrimp and squid fillets as bait for saltwater fishing.
- Fixing the hook with the thread: The basic knot is the best way to fix the hook with the thread, by passing the end of the thread through the hook loop and pulling it towards the bobbin, and wrapping it around itself four to six times, then passing the thread through the knot formed and tightening it tightly.
- Installing the plunger and the plunger: The deflector is fixed on the string, in addition to one or two depressors, at a distance of 15-30 cm from the hook, and the plunger is used to enable the hook to remain under the water.
- Fixing the bait with the hook: by piercing the bait with the hook, bending it, and passing it more than once.
- Throwing the thread into the water: by pulling the hand back so that the hook becomes vertical, then move it forward and release the thread until the hook reaches the desired place, knowing that using the reel with a start button facilitates this task as pressing the button leads to releasing the thread, and some prefer The fishermen slowly release the line and move the hook a little so that the fish think the bait is alive.
- Waiting or changing the fishing location: After doing all of the above, the fisherman must wait quietly until a fish swallows the bait, and this can be known from the movement of the thread forward, and it is recommended to change the location after 15 minutes have passed without catching any fish and looking for another location.
- Pulling the fish: The fish is pulled by lifting the hook up at an angle of 45 degrees and winding the thread on the reel at the same time to keep the thread tight; Which reduces the chance of the fish freeing its mouth from the hook, and to reduce the tension of the hook, it can be lowered a little while continuing to wrap the thread, then re-lift it again to bring the fish closer to the fisherman, and repeat that until the fish is pulled to the shore, then a net can be used to catch it, and in the end, it is Take the hook out of the fish's mouth.
- Hitting the fish: the fish caught for eating after fishing must be hit directly on the head with a sharp object, provided that the blow is above the eyes to affect the brain and make the fish lose consciousness; This is to reduce your pain.
A fishing rod is a fishing tool that consists of a stick or a rod usually made of fiberglass, carbon fiber, or bamboo, attached to a long thread that ends with a hook on which the bait is placed, and it is equipped with a reel to wrap the thread on it, and it has a cork handle or It is made of ethylene-vinyl acetate polymers, and the place where the reel rotates is made of graphite-reinforced plastic, aluminum or wood, and the control rings are made of steel or titanium.