Exercises for lifting weights
This is important for long-term health because adults who are not physically active lose between 3-8% of muscle mass per decade, and the amount of muscle increases the body's metabolism, which helps burn more calories around the clock even at rest, thus helping to prevent the decrease in metabolism that can occur along with
A study of 48 overweight women who followed a very low-calorie diet, followed by a weight-lifting program, found that they maintained muscle mass, metabolic rate, and strength, as well as lost weight.
|How to lose weight|
The American College of Sports Medicine reports the possibility of raising metabolic levels for up to 24 hours after exercise, by adding one thing to exercise, namely periods, all that should be done, is to put short periods of intense effort between regular periods of walking, jogging, swimming, or cycling, and intensification of exercise is effective in increasing the level of metabolism to a slightly Walk to 4 minutes.
Aerobic exercise moderate aerobic exercise should be practiced for at least 150 minutes a week, or 75 minutes a week of vigorous aerobic activity, but some people may need to lose or maintain weight effectively, so they should exercise for up to 300 minutes a week of moderate physical activity, and it is possible to combine moderate and strong activity, where the guidelines suggest that the person distribute this exercise within a week to reach the duration of activity to at least 10 minutes.
Decrease calorie intake
Usually, many people consume more calories than the body needs to maintain weight daily, which leads to the storage of excess amounts of these calories in the body in the form of fat, in the event of the desire to lose weight, it must decrease the number of calories ingested; that is, the consumption of calories less than the needs of the body in order to resort to the use of stored fat as a source of energy necessary for various body functions, which are usually stored in the hips, thighs, or abdomen, and other areas of the body.
It should be noted that getting rid of 0.45 kg of fat needs to burn 3500 calories, so if you want to lose 0.45 kg per week, you should burn an additional 500 calories (500 calories 7 7 days = 3500 calories), and this can be achieved by eating less food; such as reducing the intake of snacks, choosing foods fewer calories, in addition to increasing levels of physical activity; where the number of calories burned depends on the level of physical activity.[Xlg] [xlg] while there comes a clarification of some tips to reduce the calorie intake by 500 calories:
- Choose healthy snacks: it is usually recommended to eat snacks between main meals, but it is preferable to choose healthy low-calorie foods when feeling hungry; such as a cup of popcorn, a cup of fresh grapes, a small apple, or 12 almonds.
- Choose lower-calorie alternatives: by replacing high-calorie foods with those that contain fewer calories, such as using low-fat Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
- Eating from a plate: to control the amount of food eaten, especially when watching TV.
- Limit the intake of fried foods: fried foods contain a lot of calories and unhealthy saturated fats, instead of fried foods it is recommended to eat fried foods grilled or boiled, and instead of potatoes, it is always better to choose a salad.
- Reduce high-calorie drinks: you can drink water instead of these drinks; soft drinks, flavored coffee, and energy drinks contain large amounts of sugar and other ingredients that contribute to weight gain.
- Other tips: To mention the following:
- reducing the amount of food consumed, and eating fruits or vegetables in case of feeling hungry.
- Read the nutritional label of the food product; make sure the number of calories per serving.
- Eat slowly, which can help you feel full faster, and therefore eat less.
- Use small-sized dishes to reduce the amount of food eaten; this can trick the brain, causing it to not overeat.
- Drink tea and coffee without adding sugar to them.
- Recording calories are taken and can use some special applications for this, which are on smartphones.
Note: strength training exercises are recommended at least twice a week, but do not include a recommendation on the amount of time allotted for each session.