chemistry in food
The importance of chemistry appears in many fields, including food, and the following is the importance of chemistry in food:
- The study of the chemistry of the basic biological components of different foodstuffs, namely:
- Carbohydrates, represent sugars.
- Carbohydrates are essential chemical fuels for cells.
- Lipids, which include fats and oils, which are essential parts of cell membranes, and are important for softening and moisturizing the internal organs of the human body.
- Proteins are complex molecules consisting of 100 to 500 or more types of amino acids necessary for the structure and function of various cells.
- The science of chemistry is concerned with the quality of food that a person obtains, for example, 8 types of amino acids are essential acids that a person must obtain from food, and some inorganic components such as water, vitamins, and minerals are part of the food intake.
- The interest of chemists in improving the quality, safety, taste, and preservation of food, as well as industries that are concerned with developing new products, improving processing methods, and researching contaminants and harmful practices that affect food quality.
|The importance of chemistry in our lives|
chemistry in the environment
Chemistry is defined as the science that studies the properties, composition, and structure of materials, the transformations they undergo, and the energy they obtain or release during those processes.
Chemical interactions with each other lead to the formation or decomposition of new substances.
Chemistry is at the heart of environmental issues, and the following is the importance of chemistry in the environment:
- Environmental chemistry includes analytical chemistry and the understanding of various environmental sciences, through which the nature of chemicals, chemical interactions, and their beneficial or polluting effect on the environment are studied.
- Chemistry's interest is in how to preserve and clean the environment, and the production processes that can be done without harming it.
- The study of water quality is a very important field in environmental chemistry, where pure water does not exist naturally, as it contains dissolved substances such as some minerals, so the science of chemistry studies the properties of dissolved oxygen, turbidity, salinity, pH, sediments in rivers, oceans and other things. Water sources to know the extent of this water's suitability for human use, and is free of harmful pollutants, and the safety of water can be increased by treating it through the addition of chlorine and fluoride.
Chemical engineering in industry
Chemical engineering is concerned with developing materials or processes that involve chemical reactions and solving technological problems. It is divided into two main branches, which are industrial applications, and the development of new products. Chemical engineering is useful in many industries through the following:
- Innovating new ways to make the manufacturing process easier and less expensive.
- Participation of chemical engineers in supervising the manufacture of almost all products used, operation and design of processing plants, activating safety procedures in dealing with hazardous materials, and more.
Chemistry in the human body
Chemistry plays a prominent role in the human body, through the following:
- The participation of chemical reactions in the body's cycle, and its various movements.
- All cells are made of chemicals.
- Explanation of chemistry for several processes in the human body; Such as how cells produce proteins and energy, the process of breathing, and the roles of the various organs of the body, such as maintaining the pH, which is one of the functions of the kidneys, and so on.
chemistry in agriculture
The science of chemistry is useful in the agricultural sector, through the following:
- Chemistry's interest in substances and chemical reactions associated with the production, use, and protection of crops and livestock.
- The formation of agricultural chemistry for multiple disciplines is related to many sciences and other fields such as drug and food management, and private industries.
- Development of fertilizers, pesticides, and nutritional supplements needed to improve meat and dairy products from livestock, and agricultural biotechnology.
Chemistry in medicine
Chemistry plays an important role in the medical field through the following:
- Understand the role and effect of vitamins and drugs in the human body.
- Testing and development of new medical treatments and drugs.
- The emergence of its importance in the field of forensic medicine, where the science of chemistry in forensic medicine is useful in many matters such as collecting evidence found at crime scenes to contribute to revealing the identities of the persons concerned, and answering other questions related to the reason and how of this crime.
Chemistry in everyday life
Everything in existence consists of materials, and chemistry is one of the physical sciences that helps describe and explain the universe, this science plays a role in countless broad fields, many of which have an important impact on human daily life, and these areas include the following:
- cooking area.
- Cleaning in which chemistry explains how detergents work and helps to choose the best detergent for washing, bathing, dishes, and the home.