10 fun science ideas
Here are ten ideas for fun, easy, purposeful, and educational science experiments that children can also do at home using simple, readily available, and inexpensive tools, but with adult supervision:
|fun science ideas|
To make a volcano, you need the following :
- 10ml of dish soap.
- 100 ml of warm water.
- 400 ml white vinegar. Food coloring (one color).
- Half a cup of baking soda (baking soda) plus half a cup of water.
- An empty 2-liter cola bottle.
- tablespoon to mix.
You can make a simple volcano model by following these steps :
- Mix vinegar, water, dish soap, and two drops of food coloring into an empty cola bottle.
- Mix the baking soda and water mixture with a tablespoon until it turns into a homogeneous liquid.
- Quickly add the baking soda and water mixture to the contents of a cola bottle to create a volcanic eruption.
Milk coloring industry
To make colors in milk, you need the following :
- Deep bowl (bowl).
- Half a cup of milk.
- Dishwasher liquid soap.
- Ear cleaning stick.
- Food colors (different colors).
You can make colors in milk easily and in a beautiful way by following the following steps :
- Pour the milk into the deep bowl (butterfly), being careful not to stir it.
- Put one drop of each food coloring on different parts of the surface of the milk.
- Apply a small amount of dish soap to the cotton part of the ear stick.
- Touch the drops of color with an ear stick.
- Dish soap separates the fat in the milk, creating beautiful shapes of food coloring.
Making a storm in a glass beaker
To make a storm in a glass beaker, you need the following :
- Shaving cream.
- big cup.
- Food colors.
- a pot.
You can make a storm in glass easily by following these steps :
- Fill half the large cup with water.
- Sprinkle some shaving cream over the water until the cup is full.
- Flatten the surface of the shaving cream with the spatula.
- Mix another ½ cup of water with 10 drops of food coloring in a separate bowl.
- Gently add the colored water to the top of the shaving cream with the spoon to create a storm inside the cup.
sparkling fruit industry
To make the effervescent fruit, you need the following :
- An orange or clementine.
- Half a teaspoon of baking soda (baking soda).
You can simply make sparkling fruit by following these steps :
- Slice an orange or clementine.
- Dip a slice of fruit in sodium bicarbonate (baking soda).
- Eat the fruit, and while chewing it feels a light sting, and bubbles begin to appear in the mouth.
juice ball industry
To make juice balls, you need the following materials :
- juice cup.
- Half a teaspoon of sodium alginate powder (available in health food stores).
- A cup of vegetable oil.
- Heat insulated bowl.
- cooking pot.
- A bowl of clean water.
- Perforated spoon or small strainer.
Making juice balls is a fun thing, and you can do that by following these steps :
- Put the cup of oil in the freezer for 40 minutes.
- Combine the juice and the sodium alginate powder in a medium saucepan.
- Bring the juice and powder mixture to a boil with constant stirring over medium heat.
- Pour the mixture into a heatproof bowl and let it cool for 20 minutes.
- Take the oil out of the freezer.
- Fill the dropper with the juice mixture and then put a few drops of it in the cold oil, and when the juice mixture comes into contact with the oil, you will notice the liquid turning into small balls.
- Transfer the formed balls to a bowl of cold water using a perforated spoon to rinse them.
Balloon car industry
To make a balloon-powered car, you need the following materials :
- 4 plastic bottle caps.
- Empty plastic water bottle.
- Two pipettes (matchsticks).
- WL. a pair of scissors.
- Adhesive tape.
- Wooden stick.
You can make a balloon-powered car at home easily and simply by following the following steps :
- Cut the wooden stick in half.
- Divide one of the pipettes in half.
- Drill 4 holes in the plastic water bottle, as the water bottle represents the body of the car and the holes to attach its wheels.
- Insert one of the clipped straws into the two holes at the front of the bottle, and the other into the two holes at the back of the bottle to form a hub on which the wheels of the car are attached.
- Push one half of the wooden stick through the front axle, and the second half of the stick through the rear axle.
- Punch out each of the four bottle caps in the middle, with the holes large enough to fit through the end of the chopstick.
- Attach the perforated caps to the axles with adhesive tape to represent the car's wheels, then make sure the car can move.
- Punch a hole in the top of the car, then push the long straw from the neck of the bottle into the new hole, then attach it with the adhesive.
- Inflate the balloon and secure it to the long straw with the adhesive, then inflate the straw again to increase the balloon's size.
- Close the pipette nozzle with your finger; To ensure that no air escapes from the balloon, when you let go of the finger on the straw and let the air out of the balloon, the car moves in a rush.
aquatic fireworks industry
To make water fireworks, you need the following materials :
- food color
- Two empty cups, each of 500 ml.
Making water fireworks is a fun thing, and you can do that by following the following steps :
- Fill the first beaker to the brim with room temperature water.
- Put two tablespoons of oil in the second empty cup.
- Add two drops of food coloring to the oil cup.
- Stir the oil into the food coloring with a fork until you see that the food coloring drops begin to break down into smaller droplets.
- Add the oil and color mixture to the first beaker of water, and note that the food color drops slowly sink into the beaker, then strands of color extend away from the center of the drop like a fireworks shape.
Making layers of liquids
To make layers of liquids, you need the following materials :
- Colorful sweets.
- 5 cups.
- Large transparent cup.
You can make layers of liquids of different colors by following these steps :
- Separate the colored candies in the five cups with the following ingredients: 2 red, 4 orange, 6 yellow, 8 green, and 10 purple.
- Heat 1 cup of water in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes (or long enough to get the water hot, but not boiling).
- Add 2 tablespoons of hot water to each cup on top of the colored candies.
- Move the contents of each cup carefully, taking care not to splash the water.
- Stir the cups until the water cools, and continue to stir the contents once every ten minutes until all the candy has melted.
- Using the dropper, add the colored water from the five cups to the large clear beaker slowly so that the layers of different colors, starting with purple, green, yellow, orange, and finally red, do not mix to get colored layers of water.
Anti-explosion balloon industry
To make an anti-explosion balloon, you need the following materials :
- Two pieces of masking tape, each 5 cm long.
- needle or pin.
You can make a non-flammable balloon easily by following the following steps :
- Inflate the balloon to a reasonable size.
- Use the two pieces of tape to make an X on the balloon.
- Carefully insert the needle or pin at the intersection of the two pieces of tape, and note that the balloon does not pop.
- Leave the needle or pin inside the balloon, and the balloon will slowly begin to deflate.
Tin solar heater industry
To make a tin solar heater, you need the following :
- A clean 2-liter empty plastic cola bottle.
- A metal cola can, or any aluminum can of the suitable size to fit inside the plastic bottle.
- Cardboard or cardboard box (40.6 cm x 40.6 cm x 40.6 cm).
- The foil of tin foil.
black paint; scalpel or scissors; You can make a simple solar heater using tin by following these steps :
- Cut 1 inch from the top of the plastic bottle, reserving the resulting two parts.
- Using a scalpel or scissors, make 1 inch (2.5 cm) incisions in the plastic bottle, spacing evenly between the incisions.
- The aluminum case has a black exterior finish.
- Trim off the top and adjacent sides of the cardboard box to keep the base with only two sides of the box.
- Tape tin foil inside the remaining two sides and to the base of the box to act as a reflector.
- Fill the aluminum can with water.
- Put the aluminum can inside the plastic bottle and then close the bottle by securing the two parts that were cut apart with the slits.
- Place the plastic bottle containing the aluminum can filled with water inside the box in an area facing the sun, so that the black soda can absorb the heat of the sun's rays, which is reflected in the tin, causing the water to heat up.